Water Confidence Training - No dates scheduled
Regular price €119,00
Unit price per
"Water-based events are extremely reliable at eliciting stress responses and relentless at exposing the mind-body relationship."
Unique in the Netherlands! Our Water Confidence Training is especially for those who want to gain more confidence in the water and put their learned mental skills to the test. Are you preparing for a job in defence, the police or the fire brigade? Or do you already work here and want to improve your skills? Or you just want to enhance your water confidence as an individual to grow as a person?
In a full evening program you will learn the fundamental theoretical basis of freediving; topics such as oxygen, CO2, stress and the effects of water.
After this training you will understand what happens in your body and mind when you cannot breathe for a long time. You feel more confident in the water and can better focus on your task during stress.
This training is a collaboration between The Fortitude Company & Tangaroa Freediving .
Need customization or questions about the program? Send an email to email@example.com!
- Education in freediving + mental strength and resilience
- Increase self-confidence
- Safe learning environment ; no stress training.
- Training theory in practice
- Introducing The Fortitude Company
- Introduction to Tangaroa Freediving
- Theory Freediving, CO2 tolerance and stress in the water
- Theory 3 mental skills
- Testing and training theory in the pool
🤝 Personal, equivalent, mature: This training is all about 'learning'. This means that no 'weird things' happen in this training like Special Forces related examinations. Under professional guidance you will stretch your comfort zone at most. Just to increase your confidence in the water.
- Martin Uitwijk
- Matt Mensink
Martin is an experienced freediver and surfer. He has a Master's degree in Educational Sciences and works as a lecturer in aviation technology. He is also active in the fire service and as a First Responder in the region of The Hague.
Mats has worked for many years as an Operator in the Dutch Special Forces . He also has a background in psychology. He knows what is required in practice and that you will never experience this under 'normal circumstances'.
Time, Location + Requirements
- From 7:00 PM to 11:30 PM .
- Environment The Hague
- The program starts with an extensive theory. From there we move to the pool. The address of the location will be shared with all participants in the week before the training.
- The training is an introductory course in freediving. It is up to you whether you want to continue the training after the Water Confidence Training.
- There is a minimum requirement of 8 participants for the training to take place. If this number is not reached, the training will be postponed to a date to be determined later and you will of course already be registered.